What is Chondromalacia patellae?
- Chondromalacia patellae is pain marked on the undersurface of the patellae.
- Also referred to as “patellofemoral syndrome” and “runners knee”.
- Overuse (causing pounding shocks in the knee from downhill running, hiking, or jogging)
- Previous knee trauma
- Flat feet (places more stress on knee joints when the lower leg and knee is is pulled out of line)
- Excessive pronation
Excessive pronation and Chondromalacia Patellae
- Excessive pronation in the foot causes the leg to angle inward, resulting in stress on the knee.
How can orthotics help with Chondromalacia Patellae?
- Orthotics help decrease the amount of pressure on the knee by controlling the movement of the knee joint and align the knee cap.